Please feel free to voice your opinion

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The biggest S.A star-Steve Hofmeyr


Why wont Steve come back to S.A?He is the biggest star S.A has ever seen and he had to use some of his negotiating skill at the U.S embassy.Here is an article courtesy of News 24 "Pretoria - Even if you are a local star like Steve Hofmeyr - one of the most popular singers and actors in SA - you won't be able to smooth-talk your way into the US.

Hofmeyr, currently appearing in the soapie 7e Laan is leaving for the US on June 5 for his first concert tour.

"I was at the US embassy on Friday where I had to solemnly promise that I would come back to SA. Ha! Ha! Ha! What a question!"

"To tell the truth, who knows, maybe some expats would rather come back with me after my tour," joked Hofmeyr.

On a more serious note, he said his tour was looking good.

"I've been communicating with a few guys there and they're ready for me."

This time his family won't be going on tour with him.

"It will be just me and a sound man."

"And all the nostalgia that I found in New Zealand, Australia, Dubai, Canada, Amsterdam and London when I toured there."

Hofmeyr will be doing ten performances in less than three weeks. He starts his first show on June 6 in Orlando, Florida.

Then it will be on to Boca Raton in Florida, Atlanta in Georgia, Raleigh in North Carolina, Houston in Texas, Dallas in Texas, Sacramento in California, Denver in Colorado, Detroit in Michigan and finally Smyrna in Delaware.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for Steve to rather travel and keep his nose out of politics !! Please leave the sound man and take a band !!!!!!