Please feel free to voice your opinion

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Piet Schaap-may you rest in peace


I have to apologize for not updating my blog for so long.The reason for this is that my father passed away on the 10th of April and that’s why I neglected my blog.My family and I lost a very dear and kind man.We will sadly miss him as he was well respected by us and everyone that had any dealings with him.What a positive man he was,although he had some setbacks medically he was never down and always had a very nice positive attitude and a warm personality and would go out of his way to assist anyone in need.My father Piet Schaapwas born on the 10-08-1934 and grew up on a farm called Rooirivier in the Klein Karoo in the Uniondale district .After matriculating he joined the South African Police in 1956-1958 and then resigned from the police and then joined South African Airways (Suid Afrikaanse Lugdiens) in 1959.In 1969 he met my mother Juliana and they got married and a year later I was born.My father enjoyed his work and was very dedicated and passionate about his work at the South African Airways and served them from 1959 to 1993.I still remember the good old days when he used to take our family all over the world.I never in my life ever met a more interesting person like my dad a good sense of humour and well informed about everything.Rugby was a big passion of my dad,A Western province supporter like me and he never missed rugby,cricket etc etc on tv.I would like to thanks Joppie Niemand and all the ex-South African Airways crew and Cockpit (Orange tailers) www.orangetail.co.za for their support in the difficult time our family is going through.A further thanks to all the staff at the Glynwood life hospital where my dad spent the last 11 days of his life in the icu and a great thank you to Sue and the icu staff as well for the manner in which you took care of him and for the manner in which you treated our family.A further thanks to friends and family for all your support in this time and for uplifting me,my sister Bernie and my mom Julie.We will surely miss him a lot and may he live forever in our minds and hearts.My father was an inspiration for me and a good role model and I will always try to be like him,although it wont be easy to fill his shoes.Hope you will forgive me for not updating my blog in this time but im sure you would understand.

Kind regards

Gerhard

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Gerhard,
Ek het al 'n paar weke terug vir jou 'n boodskappie gestuur via een van jou mede-kollegas by Oos-Rand, en wil net hier weer se dat ek baie jammer is vir julle almal se verlies.
Ek weet daai leemte sal nooit gevul kan word nie, maar hoop dat dit darem bietjie beter gaan.
Sterkte, vir jou en jou familie.
Janine

gerhard schaap said...

haap@clubimate.com

gerhard schaap said...

Hi Janine baie dankie ek het die boodskap ontvang van hom af.Baie dankie vir die boodskap,dit gaan maar moeilik maar ek en my familie vat dit maar dag vir dag en tree vir tree.Ons werk maar deur die rou proses en ek moet se dat dit nie maklik is nie.Die leemte sal nooit weer gevul kan word nie maar ek troos my daaraan dat my pa 'n vol lewe gehad het en dat hy nou op 'n baie beter plekkie is.Baie dankie vir jou belanstelling en mooi woorde.Groete Gerhard

Dame met 'n wil! said...

Ek gaan weer probeer om 'n comment hier te los, mens ek sukkel my oor 'n mik en oor 'n tak! Dit is ekke hoor.

Dame met 'n wil! said...

nee man nou wys dit sommer sharks nie Meermin nie agge toggie!

gerhard schaap said...

Lyk vir my Sharks is beter as Meerminne LOL ha ha ha

Gerhard

Anonymous said...

Gerhard dit is geen grap nie! Ek is mos nie meer Sharks nie, eish man!

Anonymous said...

Jippeeeeee aanhouer wen toe!

S-V-H said...

I'm so sorry Gerhard, to hear about your loss of your beloved father!

Anonymous said...

Vandag is die 9e Mei net dalkies tyd vir 'n nuwe inskrywing.

gerhard schaap said...

Ek is jammer Meermin was so 'n bietjie besig jong,sal vanaand weer 'n paar dinge met die wereld deel.

Geniet jou dag

Gerhard

Unknown said...

Skapie... dit gaan tyd vat maar die eina raak metter tyd minder. Nooit gaan dit weg nie. Maar ek wil hê jy moet weet dat jy 'n support system het... in ons... jou pelle. Mwah mwah.... Laf jou stax NE!!!